CERBERUS® is a software product designed for creation of guilloche elements used for protection of documents and securities. Replacing the traditional mechanical guilloche machine CERBERUS® allows you to create very complex yet controllable guilloche lines, decorative and protective guilloche elements, to generate various backgrounds, rosettes, borders, and other guilloche elements with the specified numeric parameters. Original mathematical algorithms for guilloche elements creation are used to protect your unique design from fabrication and duplication. The elements of design cannot be faithfully copied even with the help of this program without knowing the precise numerical values. User creates elements in real-time mode. Guilloche elements are specified geometrically and are controlled by a number of parameters. This considerably speeds up the process, simplifies further modification and saves the time of the designer. The results are exported to PostScript file and can be used by any vector editor or make-up program (Adobe® Illustrator, Macromedia® FreeHand, Corel® Draw; etc). CERBERUS® has a new multi-windows clear and simple interface.
- high speed and stable operation with adjustable accuracy of calculations
- multi-windows clear and handy interface with "floating" tool palettes, possibility of running several documents simultaneously
- review and control of a guilloche being created, possibility of various parameters real-time editing
- color support (CMYK model)
- automatic creation of masks
- a wide range of basic figures ("Bases") with on-line editing possibility including those ones imported by the User
- "guilloche wizard" - an effective tool for fast guilloches creation
- loading of additional guilloches sets in "guilloche wizard" from GuardSoft Guilloche library
- determination of user's functions
- tree-structured view of guilloche element
- multi-staged cancellation of changes
- operations with "layers" and "objects" without displaying them if necessary
- creation of irregular guilloches
- modulation of guilloches parameters by means of different functions
- overlaying various images on guilloche grids
- multiple overlaying of effects
- effect of a embossed image performed by one step
- additional plug-in filters
- export of results in standard PostScript-file
- improved optimization of an output PostScript-file
- protection against unauthorized access to documents in internal format
- brand new mechanism of protecting the program against unauthorized copying
- program is protected from an unauthorized starting (with the password for starting and the digital key) and access to data files (with the password for opening and encoding files).
CERBERUS® allows creation the following elements and effects:
- elements of closed shape rosettes;
- linear elements borders;
- background elements - protective and decorative grids;
- surfaces - auxiliary elements for creating irregular guilloche grids (starting pattern, for example, grid, is laid over threedimensional surface specified by the user; as a result a new irregular grid turns out);
- special effects based on half-tone pattern:
- 3D-pattern squeezed out from a grid (embossed) - shift of the grid lines depends on half-tones of the pattern;
- variable thickness of lines (overlay of images);
- reproduction of pattern by means of microtext;
- different modulations of grid by means of amplitude, phase, frequency, line weight;
- hatch and engraving effects - representation of half-tone pictures by hatched lines of different types and width;
- ornament - laying of different width lines on each other;
- any combinations of the effects.
CERBERUS® allows using embedded patterns to create standard guilloches quickly. Guilloche Wizard is a set of tools allowing fast and easy creation of guilloche rosettes, borders, grids and backgrounds with special effects. In practice, Guilloche Wizard is a set of ready-made guilloches with possibility for user to modify the defined parameters.
Also you can download information about plug-in filters for CERBERUS® in .pdf format (11,2 Mb)- highly recommended!
CERBERUS® runs on Microsoft® Windows® 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 PC-platforms.